As the NBA All-Star Weekend approaches, NBA fans are preparing to watch a spectacle of talent as some of the best players in the league face off in the All-Star Game, the Rising Stars Game, as well as in tests of skills.
Many Utah Jazz fans were disappointed when Rudy Gobert wasn’t selected as a reserve for the All-Star Game, but Jazz fans will have someone to watch as Donovan Mitchell will be playing for in the Mtn Dew Ice Rising Stars Game. The Rising Stars game features players who are in their rookie or second year in the NBA. Mitchell joins Jarrett Allen (Brooklyn Nets), Marvin Bagley III (Sacramento Kings), Lonzo Ball (L.A. Lakers), John Collins (Atlanta Hawks), De’Aaron Fox (Sacramento Kings), Jaren Jackson Jr. (Memphis Grizzlies), Kevin Knox (New York Knicks), Kyle Kuzma (L.A. Lakers), and Jayson Tatum (Boston Celtics) on Team U.S.
Team U.S. will face off against Team World, which features OG Anunoby (Britain, Toronto Raptors), Deandre Ayton (Bahamas, Phoenix Suns), Bogdan Bogdanović (Serbia, Sacramento Kings), Luka Dončić (Slovenia, Dallas Mavericks), Shai Gilgeous-Alexander (Canada, L.A. Clippers), Rodions Kurucs (Latvia, Brooklyn Nets), Lauri Markkanen (Finland, Chicago Bulls), Josh Okogie (Nigeria, Minnesota Timberwolves), Cedi Osman (Turkey, Macedonia, Cleveland Cavaliers), and Ben Simmons (Australia, Philadelphia 76ers).
Tipoff for the Rising Stars Game will be at 7 p.m. MT on Friday, Feb. 15 and will air on TNT.
Mitchell will also make an appearance as a commentator for the AT&T Slam Dunk Challenge, which he won in 2018. He will join Kevin Harlan and Kenny Smith. The contest will feature John Collins (Atlanta Hawks), Miles Bridges (Charlotte Hornets), Hamidou Diallo (Oklahoma City Thunder), and Dennis Smith Jr. (New York Knicks).
Mike Conley (Memphis Grizzlies), Luka Dončić (Dallas Mavericks), De’Aaron Fox (Sacramento Kings). Nikola Jokić (Denver Nuggets) Kyle Kuzmer (L.A. Lakers), Jayson Tatum (Boston Celtics), Dirk Nowitzki (Dallas Mavericks), Nikola Vučević (Orlando Magic), and Trae Young (Atlanta Hawks) will all participate in the Taco Bell Skills Challenge. The Mtn Dew 3-point Contest will feature Devin Booker (Phoenix Suns), Seth Curry (Portland Trail Blazers), Danny Green (Toronto Raptors), Joe Harris (Brooklyn Nets), Buddy Hield (Sacramento Kings), Stephen Curry (Golden State Warriors), Damian Lillard (Portland Trail Blazers), Khris Middleton (Milwaukee Bucks), and Kemba Walker (Charlotte Hornets).
The AT&T Slam Dunk, Taco Bell Skills Challenge, and Mtn Dew 3-point Contest will be held Saturday, Feb. 16 at 6 p.m. MT and will air on TNT.
The weekend will culminate with the All-Star Game which will pit Team LeBron against Team Giannis. Following the NBA All-Star Draft, the teams will be as follows:
- LeBron James, F, L.A. Lakers
- Kyrie Irving, G, Boston Celtics
- Kawhi Leonard, F, Toronto Raptors
- James Harden, G, Houston Rockets
- Anthony Davis, F, New Orleans Pelicans
- Klay Thompson, G, Golden State Warriors
- Ben Simmons, G, Philadelphia 76ers
- Damian Lillard, G, Portland Trail Blazers
- LaMarcus Aldridge, F, San Antonio Spurs
- Karl-Anthony Towns, C, Minnesota Timberwolves
- Bradley Beal, G, Washington Wizards
- Dwyane Wade, G, Miami Heat
- Giannis Antetokounmpo, F, Milwaukee Bucks
- Stephen Curry, G, Golden State Warriors
- Joel Embiid, C, Philadelphia 76ers
- Paul George, F, Oklahoma City Thunder
- Kemba Walker, G, Charlotte Hornets
- Khris Middleton, F, Milwaukee Bucks
- Nikola Jokić, C, Denver Nuggets
- Blake Griffin, F, Detroit Pistons
- Russell Westbrook, G, Oklahoma City Thunder
- D’Angelo Russell, G, Brooklyn Nets
- Nikola Vučević, C, Orlando Magic
- Kyle Lowry, G, Toronto Raptors
- Dirk Nowitzki, F, Dallas Mavericks
The 68th NBA All-Star Game will conclude the festivities on Sunday, Feb. 17 at 6:20 p.m. MT, with coverage beginning at 5 p.m. MT on TNT.
Here’s a schedule of all the events during All-Star Weekend:
Friday, Feb. 15
- Hall of Fame Announcement, 3 p.m. MT, NBA TV
- NBA All-Star Celebrity Game presented by Ruffles, 5 p.m. MT, ESPN
- Mtn Dew Ice Rising Stars, 7 p.m. MT, TNT
Saturday, Feb. 16
- State Farm All-Star Saturday Night, 6 p.m. MT, TNT
- Taco Bell Skills Challenge
- Mtn Dew 3-point Contest
- AT&T Slam Dunk
Sunday, Feb. 17
- 68th NBA All-Star Game, 6 p.m. MT, TNT