We’d like to wish Utah Jazz’s golden rookie Donovan Mitchell a happy 22nd birthday on September 7. Mitchell, who is affectionately known as “Spida,” proved himself to be the Utah Jazz’s ace during the 2017-2018 season. His impact during the second half of the season resulted in the Jazz earning a spot in the NBA Playoffs and a run to the Western Conference semifinals. We’re excited to see what he accomplishes in the upcoming season.
In celebration of his birthday, here are some FYI's about Spida.
- Birthdate: Sept. 7, 1996
- Height: 6’ 3”
- Weight: 215 lbs.
- Wingspan: 6’ 10”
- Number: #45
- College: Louisville
- Shoe Size: 17
While Mitchell has only played one season in the NBA, he had quite the rookie season with the Jazz. Here’s a look at his stats:
- GP: 79
- MPG: 33.4
- PPG: 20.5
- FGM-FGA: 7.5-17.2
- FG%: .437
- 3PM-3PA: 2.4-7.0
- 3P%: .340
- FTM-FTA: 3.0-3.8
- FT%: .805
- RPG: 3.7
- APG: 3.7
- BPG: 0.3
Mitchell’s incredible season helped him garner accolades from the NBA, including:
- NBA Slam Dunk Contest champion
- NBA All-Rookie First Team
- NBA Players Association Rookie of the Year
Along with awards, Mitchell also snapped some pretty big rookie records both in the NBA overall and for the Utah Jazz.
- Most 3-pointers made by a rookie in NBA history (187 3-pointers)
- Utah Jazz rookie regular season single-game scoring record (41 points)
- Utah Jazz rookie postseason single-game scoring record (33 points)
- Most points by a guard in first two playoff games (55 points)
Want to follow Donovan Mitchell on social media? Here are some links:
- Twitter: @spidadmitchell
- Instagram: @spidadmitchell
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/spidadmitchell45/
Basketball is the game for all ages. Especially during the playoffs, everybody watches over basketball players who turn the game around. Mitchell is celebrating his 22nd birthday. A double celebration for being one of the most sought-after basketball players. Want to have Utah Jazz shirts printed with his basketball number? Check it out here.